Medical Service of the National Academy of Internal Affairs
Contact details: 1, Solomyanska square, 03035, Kyiv, Ukraine
Phone: 248-89-54, 206-79-12
Medical maintenance of non-permanent staff is provided during all training stages.
The main tasks of medical service are:
- provision of medical and disease-prevention aid to Lyceum students, cadets, masters, adjuncts studying in the Academy;
- medical maintenance of sport trainings, competitions, events of public order protection, trainings of march past;
- organization and holding annual preventive maintenance involving specialists from Central Policlinic of the MIA of Ukraine, dispancery observation (including organization of a healthy diet according to medical grounds), prophylactic immunization of non-permanent staff;
- provision of final personal selection among candidates for studying;
- participation in carrying of sanitary inspection of public nutrition units, territories, hostels, sport buildings, communal areas. During the inspections special attention is paid to sanitary condition of premises, presence of desinfectants, Product Quality Certificates, workwear of the daily duty and in time passing health examination of decreed group employees;
- holding sanitary and awarness education for staff through individual interviews, lectures, presentation of actual topics in health corners (keeping of personal hygiene, tempering, intestinal disease and droplet infection respiratory prevention, sexually transmitted diseases, problems with tobacco, alcohol, drug use, HIV/AIDS prevention).
There are 5 medical units in training divisions which are fully provided with main groups of medicines, surgical dressing and modern equipment:
- dental appliances;
- photopolymer lamp;
- UV cameras;
- UHF equipment;
- stationary and manual quartz radiants;
- steam-air sterilizers.
The staff of medical units consists of highly skilled personnel (one doctor is a holder of PhD degree, four have Higher Qualification Category, also three feldshers and eight nurses with Higher Category).The employees of medical units improve their professional skills by studying in pre-credentialing cycles, visiting local therapy meetings, medical forums. According to approved plan there are obligatory lectures for medical personnel with information from medical publications, Ministry of Health Protection web-site, conferences, congresses.
The priority in work of medical maintenance system was and always will be the disease prevention and personal health strengthening. There is well-established cooperation and experience exchange with medical units of another force structures (Ministry of Defence, National Guard, State Guard Border Service) during field classes, work visits, joint emergency skill trainings. For a long time medical unit cooperates with another organiszations and health protection establishments, also specialists from "Clinic Friendly to Youth" in the structure of "Protection of Maternity and Childhood", "Sociotherapy".
The perspective directions of medical service development are:
1. Futher improvement of medical employees qualification on modern emergency methods including tactical medicine standards.
2. Solving issues of medical reequipment:
- UV radiants for group and local short-wave radiation;
- lamp "Bioptron";
- oxygen inhalers;
- manual lamps with emergency power.
1 Solomjanska Square03035, Kyiv
(to official documents)
For more information:
Police control room
+ 38 (044) 246 94 91
The Admissions Committee:
The central building
+ 38 (044) 520 06 66